direct tv

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ freechina Message Board ]

Posted by webslut on April 04, 2004 at 13:17:46:

In Reply to: direct tv posted by Daisyif yado on December 14, 2003 at 09:24:27:

How much will DIRECTV® service cost me each month? It's more affordable than you might think. Our basic TOTAL CHOICE® with Local Channels programming package, which includes over 125 channels, is just $39.99 per month. The cost to "mirror" that service to additional receivers in your home is $4.99/mo. per receiver (as long as you keep all your receivers continuously connected to at the same land-based phone line). If your state charges a sales tax, we'll add that to your bill. That's it. But of course, you can select from many other packages as well.

How does DIRECTV® service compare with cable? DIRECTV has created a programming service specifically driven to offer customers more choice and value for their entertainment dollar. The service combines America's favorite network channels, other popular networks not available from many DIRECT TV cable services, a pay per view service with up to 55 choices of movies and special events a day, local channels in many markets, and an unprecedented sports subscription lineup. No other system offers as many quality program options.

Where can I purchase a DIRECTV® System? It's easy to buy now at DIRECTV.com! You can also purchase from an online retailer, from a local dealer or by calling DIRECTV at 1-888-238-7177 (6 a.m. - 3 a.m ET, daily) .
Can I get Internet access from DIRECTV? For those without a land-based phone connection, DIRECWAY® satellite-based Internet service is offered through HUGHES. You can also get Internet content on your TV with some of our advanced products, which requires a land-based phone connection.

Does DIRECTV offer programming in other languages? Yes! We offer a Spanish-language programming service and Chinese-language programming services. The DIRECTV PARA TODOS™ service features more than 45 Spanish-language channels*, including sports, movies, news, music and educational networks. (*Includes English-language broadcast channels with alternate Spanish-language audio access.)

DIRECTV is also proud to offer Jadeworld, a 5-channel package broadcast in Cantonese and Mandarin, and Phoenix TV, a 24-hour channel broadcast in Mandarin. See the International Services page for details.
Is DIRECTV service available in Canada or Mexico? We are legally prohibited from transmitting our signal outside the United States.

Is DIRECTV service available in Alaska? DIRECTV does offer programming in Alaska. However, because of Alaska's location in relation to our satellites, you may need a larger satellite dish. For example, viewers in Anchorage or Fairbanks may need an eight-foot dish to get good reception. In the Juneau area, a four-foot dish may do the trick. Areas north and west of these locations will experience an even greater reduction in signal acuity. Residents of Alaska should check with their local DIRECTV retailer for more information and programming availability.

Is DIRECTV service available in Hawaii? Yes! Hawaii residents can enjoy select DIRECT TV programming. Learn more. I have another satellite service. How do I convert to the DIRECTV® service? with Satellite TV we advise new customers to use DIRECTV equipment only. DIRECTV hardware has been designed to meet our service quality standards. Please visit our dealer locator for a list of local DIRECTV System retailers.

Where is DIRECTV located? The DIRECTV corporate office is located in El Segundo, California. It serves as the headquarters to our many regional sales offices and two broadcast centers located in Los Angeles, California, and Castle Rock, Colorado.

Where can I find out about job opportunities at DIRECTV? DIRECTV is always in search of talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and help us ensure our continued success! See our complete list of current job openings.
How can I invest in DIRECTV? As a unit of Hughes Electronics Corp., DIRECTV, Inc., is traded under GMH (NYSE symbol) common stock.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ freechina Message Board ]